If the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, then the kitchen is the best place to feed his heart!
But, how can we transform our kitchen to be a haven for romance and gastronomic adventures?
This article says, “modern and contemporary are two terms that can be used synonymously to describe kitchen styles that refer to whatever is currently in style for the year or season. Today, modern kitchens evoke clean lines and simple styles with designs that focus on the proper use of open space for a highly functional kitchen.” If you are interested in making your kitchen trendy and keep up with the latest technology there is for the kitchen, this post is for you. We will be talking about how to transform your kitchen into a place where you would love to stay whenever you go home from work.
Modern design in kitchen connotes the use of new materials and combining technology into the design. Today’s latest innovations in kitchen appliances can add glamour to your kitchen and if you know where to place them strategically, they would surely minimize the use of space and you would have more space in your kitchen and more mobility.
Today’s kitchen is becoming less stuffed exuding clean space. This is achieved by using built-in storage and hanging cabinets. Logically, you don’t need too many things on your kitchen so keep it as simple as possible by limiting the use of decorative accessories to help you keep the style clean and open.
Whether you’re leveling up and beginning from scratch or just looking to refresh your existing kitchen space, try maximizing your kitchen storage and efficiency with these small-kitchen design ideas and space-saving design hacks:
“1. Do you know that a small one-wall kitchen doesn’t need to be the center of the space. Install folding doors or panels to close it up when it’s not in use, it will make the most out of the small areas of your home.
2. Common in small bungalows, a galley kitchen has a hallway-like layout with two parallel walls. Galley kitchens have a tendency to feel cave-like, but removing the upper cabinetry and replacing it with shelving can help open the space up. Limit tall storage to the pantry area, where you can keep bulky items that you don’t use frequently, rather than on the counter.
That extra surface area is perfect for prep, but you’ll want it to be well-lit. Add a row of striking pendant lights to brighten up the entire kitchen.
3. While some kitchen layouts offer plenty of storage, all that cabinetry can make the space feel dark and cramped. A coat of white paint can brighten up the room, and exposed shelving will make it feel more open.
4. Even a small space can look sleek and trendy. Go for panel-ready appliances and match them to the cabinetry and countertops for a modern kitchen.
5. Modern kitchens are all about simple designs that highlight the superior materials, so choose a counter that works for your lifestyle and gets the job done the way you want.
6. Practically maintenance free, engineered quartz countertops are stain, acid, scratch, heat and impact resistant. Thanks to their non-porous surface, they also don’t need to be sealed like natural stone countertops. Available in a wide range of colors and patterns, quartz typically ranks close in popularity to the perennial top choice: granite.
7. Traditional granite countertops offer a high-end look that adds to your kitchen’s value while providing a durable prep surface. Because granite is a natural material, variation in the stone’s pattern is common and, for most people, adds to its appeal.
8. By far the most budget-friendly option, laminate countertops are enjoying a resurgence in popularity thanks to new patterns that resemble natural stone, wood or even quartz at a fraction of the cost.
9. The current darling of the design world, the gray-toned veining in marble isn’t just aesthetically pleasing, it also helps to disguise wear and hide light stains. With timeless appeal, this stone gives any kitchen a decidedly high-end look
10. The easiest way to pull off a contemporary kitchen design is to update or reface your cabinets with simple styles. The fun part about modern style kitchens is that they typically pair simple cabinet door styles with new colors.
11. Rather than opting for a natural wood color like classic mahogany or hard rock narra, you can go for something out of the ordinary, like a patterned or textured look with two different colors. Another popular door color in contemporary design is the use of gray. Whether it’s a light or a dark gray, these fun door colors bring a new appeal to the space and set your kitchen apart.
12. Reds, greens, oranges, and blues also add pops of color to create the perfect contemporary look to your kitchen. If you’re feeling playful, incorporate the combination of barn red and sage green as accents to your cabinets. Cool gray at hot orange also brings a good balance between the sleek and bold character of your cabinets.
13. Personalize your space with these simple and stylish wall decor ideas to bring a contemporary feel to your kitchen. From artwork to accent walls, there’s a tip for every taste.
14. Tile isn’t just for the kitchen floor or the backsplash. Cover a wall with a graphic pattern or a tile mural for a vibrant display that’s practically a work of art. In fact, it’s easy to clean and maintain.
15. Open shelves can store plates and glasses, but you can also take advantage of the empty ledges by displaying interesting objects or colorful art. Try mixing cookbooks, kitchen supplies, and decorative objects for a practical yet stylish arrangement.
16. Any blank surface can become an inspiring spot with the addition of a mural. Stencil or hand paint a design on a wall or the kitchen island, or choose a scenic wallpaper to give the look of a mural without the painstaking painting.
17. A simple coat of paint on one wall can transform an otherwise bland kitchen. Go for a bold color to add impact to the space.”
Surely, ideas are endless when it comes to modernizing your kitchen to make it sleek and clean. Can’t wait to cook your favorite dishes for your favorite person in the world? Begin with changing your kitchen to be your favorite place at home!